The Health Coalition of Alberta is hiring a part-time Administrative Assistant to support the work of
the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Who We Are:
The Health Coalition of Alberta is an alliance of health charities, non-profit organizations and
individuals with common health issues and concerns. We advocate with a united voice for better
access to optimal health care for all Albertans.
• Attend Board of Directors meetings. Take Board meeting notes and produce minutes that
capture all motions, agreements and key business decisions. In partnership with the Board
Secretary, ensure the minutes are approved and signed off after each meeting. Maintain
both electronic and hard copies.
• Work with the Executive Director and the Board President to create meeting agendas.
• Use Board meeting minutes to update and maintain an action item list to track all meeting
outcomes. Update and distribute to Board members after each meeting.
• Distribute Board meeting information packages to all Directors.
• Use Board meeting minutes to update and maintain annual records of all Board motions.
• Ensure all legal documents are maintained as electronic and hard copy files for our
Corporate Book of Business.
• Ensure all Health Coalition of Alberta documents are filed virtually and the system is
• Work with the Board President and Executive Director to manage and schedule Board
meetings which include preparing and posting meeting notices.
• Provide support to Board member projects, as requested and approved at meetings. For
example, provide assistance to organize a public event; organize creation and analysis of
• Update and manage member database. Coordinate membership renewal drive.
• Work with the Executive Director to launch member webinars and other meetings.
Responsibilities to include: establish and coordinate registration process; book meeting
dates; coordinate speakers, etc.
• Support the Board of Directors and the Executive Director to organize the 2021 Strategic
• Develop a database to track volunteers, projects and hours.
• Develop and maintain a Board of Directors' Orientation Manual.
• Assist in updating and managing the Health Coalition of Alberta’s website.
• Support the Board of Directors in creating a Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Provide general administrative support to the Health Coalition of Alberta’s President
and Executive Director as required.
This is virtual a six-month contract position with the option to be renewed. The successful
candidate will be contracted to provide support for a total of seven hours per week to a
maximum of 28 hours per month. The candidate will utilize their own computer and work
space with access to the Health Coalition of Alberta’s virtual network.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Organization, prioritization, time management and attention to detail to coordinate
multiple priorities and deadlines.
2. Experience producing Board meeting minutes and other legal corporate documentation.
3. Analytical skills to prepare and maintain spreadsheets, use databases, etc.
4. Self-directed collaborative skills to work well independently and within a virtual team
5. Experience in planning meetings.
6. Discretion to maintain confidential and sensitive personal information.
7. Solid administrative oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on
customer service delivery and consultation.
8. Ability to work with diverse colleagues and clients, across multi-disciplinary teams and
to accept and implement performance feedback.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Post-secondary education, or equivalent experience, in a related field (such as health,
social sciences or political sciences).
• Involvement in the non-profit or charitable sector.
• Three years administrative assistant experience.
• Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams,
Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and web applications such as Zoom, Doodle and
Please send your resume and accompanying letter to: email@example.com by Sept.
25, 2020. Successful applications will be contacted by return email.