Since 1998 AgeCare has been dedicated to creating vibrant communities that celebrate and support aging with dignity, independence and community interaction for seniors. We offer our residents a safe and secure home-like atmosphere where they and their families can be assured peace of mind. The AgeCare Family is also dedicated to making our organization the “Best Place to Work”! Our employees are among the most happy and fulfilled anywhere, with more than 85% reporting high levels of job satisfaction and enjoyment.
As part of the corporate Human Resources team, the Labour Relations Specialist will be working under the direction of Human Resources Director to deliver a range of professional labour relations services at an advanced level including:
Direct Management of:
• Collective Bargaining preparation
• Collective Agreement Negotiations as well as participation as the Chief Negotiator
• Arbitration preparation and presentation
Act as resource for HR Advisors on complex matters related to:
• Employment and Labour Legislation
• Conflict Resolution
• Investigations and fact finding
• Grievance Management
• Union/Management relations
• Interpretation and application of collective agreements
The successful candidate will play the main role in union negotiations across several different unions and 8 collective agreements. This individual will remain current on labour trends, new methods and approaches and communicate these changes as appropriate to HR Advisors and Management.
• Manages all Labour Relations within existing unions
• Interprets and communicates labour laws, AgeCare policies, and union agreements to leaders and employees; provides guidance to maintain compliance
• Main point of contact for the interpretation of collective agreements in place and doing negotiations to ratify or implement collective agreements
• Works closely with management and employees in company to execute labour relations strategies, program and procedures
• Prepares for and leads mediation/arbitration hearings; prepares for and leads all negotiations
• Acts as a strategic partner to management, by providing knowledge on how to properly handle labour relations issues, and provides clear and supportive advice on resolutions
• Administers and interprets multiple collective bargaining agreements
• Participates in or advises on handling grievances or disciplinary matters
• Provides effective employee relations consultation and guidance to site managers for the resolution of identified problems with a key focus on maintaining a positive and inclusive employee relations climate through fostering a high level of employee trust, while providing appropriate coaching and advice to site managers.
REQUISITE SKILLS, ABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must have at least 5 years of demonstrated successful experience as a union environment Human Resources or Labour Relations specialist, or as a full time union representative
• Experienced in/demonstrated ability to participating in Collective Bargaining as the Chief Negotiator
• Post-Secondary Education with a focus in Human Resources, Labour Relations, Employee Relations, or a related discipline strongly recommended.
• Certification in Dispute Resolution, Mediation, Labour Relations or a related field would be an asset
• Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) certification would be considered an asset.
• Proven deliverables in conflict resolution, mediation, complex investigations, negotiations, grievance/arbitration handling and establishing collaborative union/management relationships
• In depth knowledge and ability to apply sound legal principals and framework with all aspects of labour relations and employment laws
• Must be a demonstrated effective relationship builder with employees of all levels, and with a positive, approachable and outgoing demeanor
• Strong consultative, listening and communication skills; ability to convey recommendations and opinions persuasively
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to deliver presentations
• Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Healthcare/Senior Care sector experience a definite asset
Qualified candidates are asked to submit your resume and salary expectation to email@example.com