Make a difference everyday…
At The Father Lacombe Care Society, we believe the key to quality care is relationships. Creating and building relationships with our co-workers, families, residents, families, volunteers, and community partners helps us to build upon a community of quality care, trust and compassion.
The Father Lacombe Care Society is Calgary’s oldest Catholic continuing care provider. Our rich heritage of elder care, education and social services started over 100 years ago, when four Sisters of Providence from Montreal braved the Canadian West and started the Father Lacombe Home.
Located in the south east Calgary community of Midnapore on the banks of Fish Creek Park, we provide care to 275 residents in two facilities; Father Lacombe Care Center and Providence Care Centre. We also proudly welcome 85 seniors from the community into our Adult Day Program.
The Executive Director is accountable to the Father Lacombe Care Society board of directors for the leadership, administration, and management of our two care centers. With an experienced staff in place, the Executive Director will step in to provide ongoing leadership, management, operational planning, fiscal oversight, and strategic direction to the organization.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in health related specialty and experience in related fields of administration.
- Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration preferred.
- Active registration with degree related professional association.
- Minimum five years health care experience at the Senior Management level.
- Experience at a management level in a unionized setting.
- Good understanding of the Catholic healthcare ministry.
- Good understanding of the healthcare industry including continuing care.
- Good communication skills, oral and written, with a strong understanding of the principles of interpersonal relations and the ability to direct and coordinate staff activities.
In accordance with Alberta Health and Wellness Accommodation Standards all employees will have a criminal record search conducted prior to employment.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the application closing date of January 31, 2018.
The Father Lacombe Care Society has a long and proud history of working with Calgary`s seniors and their families. We are Calgary’s oldest accredited Catholic health care provider. In 1910 Father Albert Lacombe and the Sisters of Charity of Providence had a vision to create a home devoted to the care of everyone, regardless of religion. That vision continues today, as does an unwavering commitment to the organization’s values of compassion, spirituality, justice, excellence and sacredness of life. For more information about our organization, please visit our website at http://www.fatherlacombe.ca/
We thank all candidates for applying. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All qualified resumes will be held on file for six (6) months.