Congratulations 2019 ACCA Awards of Excellence Winners!Nov 07, 2019
The Alberta Continuing Care Association (ACCA) celebrates excellence and innovation in Continuing Care and offers sincerest congratulations to the many nominees for this year’s Awards of Excellence. The deserving winners were announced at ACCA’s Awards Gala held in conjunction with our annual Inspiring Quality (IQ) Conference among family, friends, and the top talent in the Continuing Care industry.
The 5 winners of the awards demonstrated their dedication to providing the highest quality care for the people they serve through innovative projects and going above and beyond their traditional job duties, representing the leading work being done in ensuring our seniors and those in Continuing Care live their best lives possible. Earning an ACCA Award of Excellence is a high achievement and we would like to thank all nominees for their hard work and sharing their stories.
With a nearly record high number of nominations, the Awards Committee had a formidable task narrowing down the winners and, in fact, the Volunteer of the Year resulted in a tie. The five exceptional winners who were honoured are:
• Jill Burt of Christenson Communities Ltd. – Innovator of the Year
• Lydia Kartasheff of Bethany Care Society – Bethany Harvest Hills – Volunteer of the Year
• Gordon Duckering of Canterbury Foundation – Volunteer of the Year
• Dr. Elisa Mori-Torres of Christenson Communities Ltd./AdvantAGE Assist Group – Lifetime Achievement
• Jali Clarke of St. Michael’s Long Term Care Centre – Care Provider of the Year
For more information, please contact Heather Aggus, Director of Marketing & Communications, 780.431.4861.